I love nachos. One of my favorite things about watching the World Cup games was going to a bar in the middle of the day to eat nachos and drink cider while watching the game.
Now that football season is under way, I have an excuse to eat nachos again. There is nothing more satisfying than the crunch of a tasty nacho while watching a game. I like my nachos to have some substance to them, so I add beans, salsa and plenty of cheese. This dish is simple and quick, making it perfect for a crowd during football days. Bon appetit!
1 bag tortilla chips
1 can black beans (or 1-1.5 cups cooked black beans)
~4 oz shredded cheese (I use Mexican cheese blend)
1/2 cup salsa (I used homemade pico de gallo with tomatoes, cilantro, onion, and jalapenos)
1 fresh jalapeno chopped finely or 1/4 cup sliced jalapenos
1. Spread tortilla chips out in even layers in a baking pan
2. Drain the black beans and spread them out over the chips
3. Sprinkle the jalapenos over the chips and beans
4. Sprinkle cheese evenly over the chips
5. Preheat oven to 300F
6. Let the nachos sit in the oven for 5-10 min, until cheese is melted
7. Spread the salsa on top